Rishad Premji | How can you up your chances of staying in a job by 70%? Rishad Premji has the answer

The businessman shared the tip he received from his professor when he was studying business in college.

Related

  • Top bosses applaud Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham for making India story ‘come true’
  • Girish Mathrubootham says ‘Day Zero’ at Freshworks in note post-IPO; throwback video shows him shaking a leg with Sequoia Capital MD
  • No PPTs, please! Marico boss Harsh Mariwala has his reasons
  • Mathrubootham’s wife, sons & pet Shih Tzu all smiles as Freshworks IPO at Nasdaq creates history
  • Uday Kotak feels Evergrande crisis is China’s Lehman moment; Edelweiss MF CEO raises short-term concerns

A lot of people during the early years of their career find it tough sticking to the same workplace for a longer period and often end up jumping from one organisation to another, while this doesn’t majorly affect your CV, however, it does make your potential employer wonder what’s the cause behind you jumping ships. Changing jobs also makes it harder for the employee to find their rhythm at the workplace and unlock their full potential, as every time they join a new firm, initial few months are often spent getting used to the new work environment, getting along with the new team and understanding the dynamics. But fret not, as Wipro boss Rishad Premji is here with the perfect solution that he learnt from his professor in business school. “Have a friend at work,” he says as he shares the impact of having a strong bond at the workplace can have on a person’s outlook on the company. Premji even breaks it down in percentage to make his point.

“If you have one friend at work, the likelihood of you staying on at that co. goes up by 30%,” he says, adding that if that friend happens to be your boss, then the chances of an employee staying at the firm shoots up by 70 per cent. This was the tip that the businessman received from his professor when he was studying business in college. “I had a professor at B school who said – if you have one friend at work, the likelihood of you staying on at that co. goes up by 30%; if that friend is your boss it goes up by 70%. Get to know your teams and befriend them!” the Wipro boss shared it on Twitter with his over 94K followers on Friday. The tweet, which has over 2K likes, received a mixed reaction from the netizens with some agreeing with the teaching and saying that they’ll be passing it on to their team in the next meeting, while some said that when it’s time to leave a company, then one must proceed irrespective of the friendships they have at that organisation.

Agree. https://t.co/7UnHKOw7H1

— SumathisScribbles (@sumathigovinda) 1632489648000

Stealing this quote for the next staff presentation. https://t.co/eUxRyGgKGv

— General Sanz (@GeneralSanZee) 1632486587000

Not sure if these are hard stats. But I believe it. #WorkEnvironment https://t.co/sFKd69VLSI

— Matthew Schmitz, MD (@RugbyMD) 1632485165000

Rightly Said.Something everyone of us experienced in professional life. I myself can vouch on this.#management… https://t.co/WqlTXNYDkx

— मराठी माणूस (@NagariMumbaikar) 1632484349000

First job = i stay for 4 years before my master degree ☺️. Love the company, love the boss. but i moved because nee… https://t.co/JLxgI5M0z7

— kawayilily (@kawayilily) 1632483857000

I have most of my school and college friends at my work. Have stayed at the co for 8 years. https://t.co/daxNB2ws6D

— Ashwin Bharathwaj (@ash_alien) 1632483005000

When it was time, I left my friends and my boss who had become my brother. My destiny was bigger than all that…. https://t.co/8svIlC1XjK

— Donne Adidi (@bessiedone) 1632487407000

Agree. I spent a decade @wipro, all my bosses were really good friends and still are today. https://t.co/P4Y10cd67X

— Vaitheeswaran K (@vaitheek) 1632479738000

( Originally published on Sep 24, 2021 )

0 0 votes
文章评分
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 评论
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments