We take a look at the daily charts of GBP/USD, EUR/GBP and GBP/JPY ahead of today’s parliamentary vote on Brexit.
- A bearish pinbar closed beneath the 100-day average.
- The pinbar respected a range between the 1.2815-1.2928 highs.
- A break below support puts it back in line with its longer-term bearish trend. A break above resistance opens up a run for the 1.3175 high.
GBPUSD Daily Chart
- There have been multiple, failed attempts to re-test the August high, suggesting a top is playing out.
- Yesterday’s low found support at the 200-day average.
- A Rikshaw man Doji marks a clear range between 0.8875-0.8953, a break of which could mark its next directional move over the near-term.
EURGBP Daily Chart
- The 140 handle could prove pivotal around the parliamentary Brexit vote.
- An intraday break above a bearish trendline occurred ahead of this key vote.
- Failure to conquer 140 risks further downside (and a bearish hammer). Whereas a break above 140.88 warns of a change in trend.
GBPJPY Daily Chart