This is the first Samsung smartwatch to come with the Wear OS, a revamped operating system designed by Samsung and Google.
- Google’s Locked Folder feature for Android users will protect sensitive photos & videos; how it works
- LG Gram review: Pro(Gram)ed for productivity & portability
- Google launches new features that will let users operate Android phones with smiles, face gestures and eye movements
- Elon Musk says he & girlfriend Grimes are ‘semi-separated’, Twitter asks ‘who gets son X Æ A-Xii?’
- iPhone 13 goes on sale in India: How you can avail HDFC, Apple trade-in and cashback offers & get up to Rs 46,000 off
Samsung, a true challenger to Apple Inc in the smartwatch space, unveils a new smartwatch line-up every year. The latest in the series, Galaxy Watch 4 Classic, is sure to impress users and critics alike with its hardware and software specifications. This is the first Samsung smartwatch to come with the Wear OS, a revamped operating system designed by Samsung and Google. The smartwatch has a stainless-steel casing and rotating bezel. It comes in two sizes — 42mm and 46mm — with black and silver colour options. It sports a 1.4-inch AMOLED Always-On display, which is protected with a coating of Corning Gorilla Glass. The viewing experience is good, with vibrant colour reproduction. The high screen resolution and perfect brightness levels make the device more useful under direct sunlight. The smartwatch is powered by Samsung’s own Exynos W920 dual-core processor and packs 1.5GB RAM and 16GB internal storage.
The 5nm chipset enables the device to function smoothly without any visible lag. Wear OS offers a similar interface to predecessors that run on Samsung’s own Tizen OS. The OS also lets you access apps missing from previous Samsung smartwatches. Galaxy Watch 4 Classicis equipped with Samsung’s own Bio Active Sensor which uses a single chip to run three health sensors. Users can track their blood pressure, detect an irregular heartbeat and also monitor their SpO2 levels. They can also calculate their body composition, which offers a detailed health analysis by measuring factors like muscle mass, basal metabolic rate, body water and more.